• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Damn hackers!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Damn hackers!

Re:Damn hackers! 17 years, 8 months ago #447

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Johnb, i notice the last time Kim posted was the 12th July so she probably has not received your email and is likely unaware of the recent hacking attempts. With regard to your security fears, i have the same concerns as due to the fact hackers have so easily circumvented security on this website to deface it, it is quite possible other areas of the site have equally poor security.

Re:Damn hackers! 17 years, 8 months ago #448

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
I was aware of the hackers on the site and had it fixed in 24 hours. It wasn't the site itself that was hacked but the server. Because I hadn't updated the add ons fron their site they managed to change the front page.
AT NO TIME was our database or information at risk of being hacked. There is a technical explanation and I have asked Jamie to post a re-assurance on the Forum.
He was here yesterday to make sure everything was secure and rattling my knuckles for not updating the front page more often, which of course I should have been doing.
Trouble is, at the moment, I am the most unreliable person in the world and can't even guarentee I will get to the end of this post! Such a lot seems to have been happening to me since last September really but hopefully things are being sorted out now. I have been in hospital a few times. Mainly to get re-hydrated again and have had camera's in every orifice you care to mention!
Ann has kept me informed of what's going on. She's been an absolute star for me even tho' we haven't seen much of each other as usual.
I have good and bad news about the Doc. She is on the move again. New job, new home so may be slow to respond for awhile. She has sent me an update of what she's doing and I am hoping to post it or a link to the front page as soon as I can.
Hope to be more active shortly
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Damn hackers! 17 years, 8 months ago #449

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the news Kim and i wish you all the best.

Re:Damn hackers! 17 years, 6 months ago #469

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Wow that was a long time out, what happened? Not hacked again was it?

Re:Damn hackers! 17 years, 6 months ago #470

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Wow that was a long time out, what happened? Not hacked again was it?

Re:Damn hackers! 17 years, 6 months ago #471

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
Yes we or rather the server was hacked again. However, my lovely Jamie is on the job and security is up to date.
Apparently I was too late doing a security update by two weeks and they got in via the forum board.
Because of that, apparently we, our forum, took the whole server down for the UK! and the problem getting back on again was because their websites are usually about 2 megabytes and this one is nearly 8meg.
My health has been so lousy lately I can only blame myself for that lapse but now Jamie (my lovely Jamie) is going to keep a very close eye on updates and is going to be responsible for putting up new articles on a very regular basis:kiss:
I have got a couple of things I can get him to post and he wants to update the front page.
I think the Doc is now settled in her new job and home so will be waiting for an update off her soon.
This has been a good day and the last time I had a run of 7 before things went haywire again.
Watch this space over the next week
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds