Welcome, Guest

hi all im new
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: hi all im new

hi all im new 13 years ago #1013

• mark81
  • Fresh Boarder
hi everyone im new , im awaiting my confirmation for 5 months time to have a anterior double discetomy . Im 29 and have been suffering with spine problems since the age of 18 and i have already had two lumber ops , one was in 2005 for a microdiscetomy and then again in 2010 on the same area for a laminectomy and microdiscetomy. It was noted after my first operation that i suffered with failed back syndrome and the second operation was to correct the original level . I have had caudual epidurals and facet joint injections with no success .Over the years i have discovered i have quite a few thorasic discs which are prolapsed but not currently compressing any nerves.I new that i had neck problems and previous scans had shown this but due to being brushed off and basically told that i have ddd and to get on with it i opted for a second opinion and im so glad that i did as i really thought my lower spine was the worst and in fact it was my neck and i have been told that if these problems were not found out like they have been within 10 years time i would have deteriorated and lost my whole lower half from the neck down , my second opinion found that my cervical discs are compressing the spinal cord quite alot , no wounder i have so much weakness and when i had an examination my bicep and tricep reflexes are diminished and not there and they also found a synovial cyst at l4-l5 which was at the same level as my lumber surgery that i had done previously they also found severe narrowing of the spine and they was at shock as to how much but i have a lot of scar tissue that my nerve endings are trapped in also at l4-l5 but Im so glad that i got my second opinion and found a hospital and a neurological department that know what they are doing and the surgeons that have found these problems who knows where i would have been in a few years , i have suffered so much due to my spinal problems i could write a book of the pain and the struggle that this cripling disease has given me , my previous hospital consultants said i was imagining the pain i even went to moorfields eye hospital to get my eyes checked because i suffer everyday with headaches but my eyes were perfectly fine and she said she thought it had something to do with my spine i have had lots of gastric problems too i could even hear a fluidy noise in my ears sometimes i know it sounds silly but im sure its the fluid in the spine regarding my neck problems but lucky i have every single copy of my records.

report will follow
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim

Re: hi all im new 13 years ago #1014

• mark81
  • Fresh Boarder
Left ankle reflex was normal and right ankle was abcent .Tricep reflexes were diminished and also absent bicep reflexes.Whole spine mri shows multilevel degenerative changes.At c4/5 a central osteophyte distorts the spinal cord without clear cord compression or intrinsic cord signal change.At c5/6 there is a right sided discophyte causing severe right and moderate left sided exit foraman stenosis. in the thorasic spine there are again multilevel degenaritive changes.Most notable at t3/4 a left sided discophyte caues mild distortion of the thoracic cord with no suggestion of cord4/5 and compression or intrinsic cord signal change.At t7/8 a further central disk bulge narrows the thoracic canal without cord compression.in the lumber spine , there is a moderate to severe l3/4 lumber canal stenosis.At l4/5 and l5/s1 there is distortion to the nerve roots but no clear nerve root compression. There is a clear cause of brachialgia on the cervical mri and also i have had the diagnosis of arachnoiditis

Once i have recovered from my anterior double discectomy and fusion they will look to see if my symptoms are the same still with my lumber spine and look at doing something with my l3/4 canal stenosis . I have quite a bit going on in my back at the moment but i know im in very good hands.Its just a matter of dealing with the ongoing pain and day to day living .
Last Edit: 13 years ago by mark81.

Re: hi all im new 13 years ago #1015

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of all your problems, i too have many issues with my spine including Arach. Did you know that any further surgery to your spine has the potential to worsen the Arach? There is no cure for Arachnoiditis. Be very wary of any more surgery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim

Re: hi all im new 13 years ago #1016

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Thanks Kev
I knew you were one of our loyal lurkers;) I think you understand that I have to support the integrity of the site, without using personal advice or real comment.
Cheers
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: hi all im new 13 years ago #1017

• mark81
  • Fresh Boarder
hi kev, i dont have any choice with the op if i dont have it done i will end up loosing movement from the neck down so its not something i can leave i wish i could , i have severe stenosis throughout my spine and i have lesions in the thoracic spine and prolapsed discs there too its all a nightmare especially with having failed back syndrome after the 2 surgerys on my lumber spine

Re: hi all im new 13 years ago #1018

• tarlov
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Une ardeur d'Avance
Hello Mark

I am so sorry to read all you have been through..Welcome on this forum..Hope we can support you.
We are all people having been through spine surgeries, procedures or simple lumbar punctures or epidural for minor surgeries, or for having a baby.

Arach has no way back. Surgery is not always the best way to correct spine problems. Too often, NS "forget" to tell us that we have lots of muscles and strong ligaments that are the support of our spine, of our vertebras, as between each spinal process are ligaments that are what makes our neck, our spine move. I can send you illustrations for showing you... Images on MRI are 2D and we are 3D...My cousin ahd similar problems, told of being paralyzed if doing nothing...It was ten years ago, after he saw the disaster I was in..He did not go to surgery, he is not paralyzed and is even better because he found an excellent rehab center...

Attachment back+muscles.jpg.bmp not found

"A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul: a sick body is a prison."Francis Bacon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds