Welcome, Guest

Lyrica anyone?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lyrica anyone?

Lyrica anyone? 12 years, 11 months ago #1022

• Krebolo125
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I am newly diagnosed with Arachnoiditis and have tried Neurontin with no luck. My MD is now going to try me on Lyrica so I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if you had luck with pain relief from it.

THANKS!

Re: Lyrica anyone? 12 years, 11 months ago #1023

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Some people have had a good response, others not so. I can ask the doc for you for her opinion, but she would need a bit of background. Contact her through CONTACT US and then DocSarah on the left hand menu on the website
Regards
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: Lyrica anyone? 12 years, 11 months ago #1025

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
I was on Neurontin (Gabapentin) for years with no side effects other than tiredness and some weight gain. I moved on to Lyrica (Pregabalin) last year and it was no different, perhaps slightly less tired. Instead of taking 1500mg Neurontin i'm on 250mg Lyrica.

Re: Lyrica anyone? 12 years, 11 months ago #1027

• rita
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I tried Lyrica some years ago but was also on other meds. I found that I was spaced out and ill and came off it after about 3 weeks.
However I have re-acted to quite a lot of medication, so if it works
for you that's great. You won't know until you try because we are all different.

Good luck, hope it works.

Re: Lyrica anyone? 12 years, 11 months ago #1028

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster

You need to email DocSarah. If there any answers she will have them. I am not medically qualified to say one way or another!
She has only ever written articles for you in response to your queries, not mine.
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: Lyrica anyone? 12 years, 2 months ago #1125

• deckshoes
  • Fresh Boarder
I took Neurontin for a while. It helped me with my pain, but just a little. I then switched to Lyrica. The Lyrica seemed to help just a bit more, than the Neurontin.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by deckshoes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds