• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Guests, we need your input!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Guests, we need your input!

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 3 months ago #1241

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi gmak, i take Baclofen, i was told it likely had the least side effects of the muscle relaxers. I see several European countries are banning or recommending suspending Carisoprodol (Soma) i think due to safety concerns but not sure. I take Dihydrocodiene(opiate), lyrica, celebrex also for the pain. This mix usually keeps the worst of the pain away in summer but winter is another matter. I hate to add in anything stronger as i then could not safely drive and i really need my car for getting about any further than a few hundred yards or so and would never see my kids without my car either.

I know of the morphine pump but am very wary of it also. Too many mixed reports on web about it and my local pain clinic only offers the spinal stimulator. Our health services in the UK and US are so different, each with their own problems. As you have insurance based service it seems very quick to get treatment where we can wait ages! However, ours is free at point of care and in Scotland we have totally free drugs. I sympathize with you having large medical bills as that adds greatly to the stress we already have.

I was told i produce more scar tissue than the average guy. my internal organs (liver, lung) and whenever i try exercises that involve my stomach muscles i get sharp pains around those organs areas! 3 years ago my ortho referred me to a general surgeon to look at removing some of the abdominal adhesions but he said they usually come back as bad as ever and only gave me a 40% chance of success!

I didn't use to be able to post much but since i bought an iPad i find it more comfortable to go on the net. Here's hoping others do join in!

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 3 months ago #1242

• old hag
  • Fresh Boarder
my mate with arachnoid is on ketamine linctus (and of course lyrica, amiltriptyline, morphine) ...dulling the pain a bit...think around 24 meds a day since a disectomy 2 years ago...

obviously his family are concerned about taking horse tranquilliser....club drug...albeit in much lesser dose....than the clubbers and horses.

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 3 months ago #1243

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi old hag, does your mate rate the ketamine highly for pain relief? Is he/she getting any troublesome side effects from it?

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 3 months ago #1244

• old hag
  • Fresh Boarder
He does enjoy the pain relief....like the pain is in the next room rather than with him constantly....which must be a good feeling....under top pain consultant...

i can only sympathise with you arachnoid sufferers from birth pain (mine chosen and short lived) ...pethidine got me through it for the same feeling..

.ketamine supposed to bump up morphine relief....

horrid subject...but glad this site is more active again....people who have run it too ill with arachnoid themselves.....

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 3 months ago #1245

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
Hi kev, i wrote a reply to this & thought it posted (for once) but NO! I cant remember all that i said but currently want to say about carisprodol: my dr told me that in US all the "pill mills" give hydrocodone, carisoprodol, xanax & the combination is supposedly like a heroin high or addiction( cant remember) anyway, b/c of this carisoprodol prescription @ pharmacy causes a red flag so no one as in drs want to prescribe it but that carisoprodol is safe, effective, has been around for decades. Since though he has changed me to baclofen & tizanidine(zanaflex here) scheduled & carisoprodol as needed. It is scary to think soon we will have some form of "national medicine" as others have said from Canada, etc that they are still waiting to see a neurosurgeon after being unable to work for 2 years!!! OMG! To me thats an emergency if a man all the sudden from one injury cant work! I cant imagine that but its coming. Kev, i think the UK, Canada, Australia are far above &away the US in knowledge or acknowledging arach. For the same reason as stopping benzodiazoenes, carisoprodol they would Never do a ketamine drip trial! Oh no, not enough lining of the pocket profits for the drs in that! No, SCS or IT pump @ $40,000 for equipment only would be suggested. God forbid someone gets enough of anything to cause relief or sedation. No way! Ya'll this is long better TRY posting! Gmak
He sent forth His Word and healed them.

Re: Guests, we need your input! 11 years, 3 months ago #1246

• gmak
  • Expert Boarder
O.h. & kev would you try to get the 32 guests viewing to please join us? Please, we are nice. Just hurting like you! Your knowledge & experience could be invaluable to us!! Wheres diane? I really want to know how she is. Well for now im happy to talk to you! Electricity in legs, hands, feet & not like a shooting pain occasionally but "big bolts of power" that feel like a 3-4 inch diameter power line that vibrates with power down both legs ending in the balls of my feet causing vibrating, "buzzing" numbness, Anyone else? Did your neurological symptoms increase by leaps & bounds as rapidly as i Never believed possible?
He sent forth His Word and healed them.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds