• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: new MED?

new MED? 18 years, 4 months ago #234

• gmedic123
  • Fresh Boarder
DOC SARAH,

Have you heard of this drug? if so, do you think it may have usage for AA patients too?
www.drugdevelopment-technology.com/projects/antegren/
thanks for checking it out- gina:)

Re:new MED? 18 years, 4 months ago #235

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Wow Gina you got me there!
DocSarah is away this week but I am sure she will have an answer for you next week. I have copied to an email as well to make sure she gets back soonest.
Take care
Kim:(
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:new MED? 18 years, 4 months ago #238

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Gina,

actually I haven't heard of this one specifically but am aware of the research in this field. It's early days yet to say if it might be helpful for arach. and altho' AA mimics MS in some symptoms, there is a different pathology and really the path we need to go down is:
(a) reduce scar tissue
(b) prevent further inflammation
(c) prevent scar recurrence
(d) treat residual deficit

Step (b) and (c) are the major problem areas. This new drug might tackle step (b) but that
and hence perhaps (c) but the risks are high if it fails as step (a) would entail sugery which has the potential to really exacerbate the problem severely.

I keep my ears and eyes open all the time for new possibilities and will obviously share any hopeful findings as soon I as I get them!!

Regards,

DocSarah

[b]DocSarah
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds