Welcome, Guest

Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment

Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment 7 years, 5 months ago #1778

• Sheldust
  • Fresh Boarder
The French physician, Dr. Albert Schweitzer, proclaimed in 1931 that, “Pain is a more terrible lord of mankind than even death itself.”

Comments Welcome,

The following topics are currently negatively affecting survivors of severe intractable pain.

Access to compassionate pain treatment is currently under siege,
Scientific based medicine is currently being overlooked by new restrictive opioid legislation.
Restricting milligram limits on opioid dosage MUST first consider scientific based facts regarding CYP450 Enzyme defects. These enzyme defects are often detrimental to pain patients who are labeled DRUG SEEKERS and dismissed because their medication was not properly absorbed allowing only a fraction of total milligrams taken to be available for pain relief. Enzyme defects can account for the need for larger dosageses, which in these rare cases is necessary to achieve minimal relief. Testing CYP450 Enzymes is necessary and must be written into all legislation in order to individualize pain care.

All pain patient sub-populations MUST be considered in opioid precribing legislation.

Please help spread the word!

Sincerely, Thank you

The web address of a great scientific article on the topic is provided below

www.practicalpainmanagement.com/treatmen...dose-opioid-patients
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by Sheldust.

Re: Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment 7 years, 3 months ago #2010

I am sorry for trouble signing in, don't know what happened. I still am confused as to how I can ask a question or join in discussions. My problem is...I had been having severe side effects from morphine fir arach pain. Was on it 15 years. So my GP and I decided to come off it. Started three months ago and every time I went down by 10mg every three weeks, I get severe probs. I am now on 5mg twice a day. What will help me with these withdrawal symptoms please? doctors won't give me any help. Severe nausea, pains in tummy, head pain, fluid coming out of eyes and nose. Dizziness, unable to get up without nearly falling. Etc. I have AA with large growing cyst in spinal colum plus nerve roots clumped together to side of dura. CRPS. Great nerve pain. Gabapentin puts on too much weight, what do you recommend for pain? Two probs here..withdrawals and pain med. thank you so much for having me.

Re: Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment 7 years, 3 months ago #2011

• ann
  • Administrator
Hello Lanie,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been having very bad side effects coming off morphine

With all your other problems that sounds like a lot of pain ..I hope that someone can come on site that can help you

I will look in our search menu and see if anything will help

I hope that you find help soon

Sending warm wishes to you.

Ann x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lanie Young

Re: Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment 7 years, 3 months ago #2015

Thank you Ann!

Re: Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment 6 years, 6 months ago #2711

• deckshoes
  • Fresh Boarder
I have found the Lyrica works better for pain than Gabapentin. I take 200mg three times each day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ann

Re: Opioid Accesses~Hostile Healthcare Environment 2 years, 4 months ago #3726

• KayLondon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Ann!

————————————————————————————————
fjallraven maattabel
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds