Welcome, Guest

Signs of arachnoiditis after steroid epidural
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Signs of arachnoiditis after steroid epidural

Re: Signs of arachnoiditis after steroid epidural 10 years ago #1458

• Lupa
  • Fresh Boarder
I think social media is going to revolutionise exposing medical corruption (which is what covering up injury is) because it is possible, with careful and accurate reporting, to expose doctors who are covering up their mistakes in this way and preventing patient's from giving informed consent. The reason this is not on the consent form is that they can say it is very rare. And they can say it's very rare because they are simply not diagnosing it when they see it.

But seeing as it isn't on the consent form, why aren't people litigating? I am seeing a lawyer on Monday (although, predictably, the notes about the injection were missing from the copy of my hospital notes which I ordered from the hospital and they are ignoring all my attempts to get copies of them. I suppose this is what Anne Clywyd MP called the delay, deny, defend culture of British medicine when it goes wrong.) I think there are two approaches towards failing doctors that can be used. One, reviewing individual performance online, good and bad. Two, put 'em in front of a judge in a civil court. Carrot and stick. There needs to be a revolution in attitudes towards the medical profession. They will eventually be held to account.

In the meantime I had a blow to the back of the head at the weekend (somebody getting their bag down from a train overhead locker dropped it on top of my head as I was bending over my own bag) and it nearly knocked me out. I was a bit dizzy for a while but then recovered. Now, four days later, I have far worse symptoms and weird sensations down my legs and arms. It feels like I'm being boiled. I keep thinking there is something touching my leg but there's nothing there. I've upped the painkillers but I'm worried in case the head blow has made things worse.

Panorama - I have contacts in television. Maybe I can get something started in due course. I wonder why they didn't take you up on your idea? Thanks for your help and guidance Helen. Hope you have a good day.

Re: Signs of arachnoiditis after steroid epidural 9 years, 10 months ago #1500

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Lupa, my experience in getting a diagnosis was similar to Helen's and yours in that my consultant did everything to conceal it from me. I'd recently had my 2nd back surgery and was in more pain than before and after 8 months of tests, referals to a Rhumatologist (sp?) , i was told it was failed back surgery and would just have to live with it. As he was showing me out the door i asked him could it be Arachnoiditis? (I had been searching the net for answers and my symptoms matched AA) He stuttered, went Reddish in the face and replied that yes there was evidence of AA!

Re: Signs of arachnoiditis after steroid epidural 9 years, 10 months ago #1509

• netpitss
  • Fresh Boarder
new here
hi. lupa and kev
my experience in getting a diagnosis was similar to Helen's and yours

Re: Signs of arachnoiditis after steroid epidural 2 years, 4 months ago #3728

• KayLondon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your arachnoiditis. Would you mind telling me the course you took towards diagnosis - if it's not too painful going back over it.

————————————————————————————————
fjallraven us
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds