Welcome, Guest

New spinal cord stimulator
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New spinal cord stimulator

New spinal cord stimulator 1 year, 1 month ago #3830

• deckshoes
  • Fresh Boarder
I have had arachnoidiitis since 2004. From what I have read, my case would be considered moderate. I had a first generation Boston Scientific spinal cord simulator in my back 10 years ago. It helped a little, but not that much. This past fall I had a new generator surgically put in and it has made quite a difference for me. For the first time in 15 years I am off pain medicine, which I had taken every day. I was told that the new generator was the 4the generation simulator. I can't say that my overall condition has improved, I still cannot sit or stand for long periods of time without being in pain. But getting off the pain medicine was certainly worth it for me. I wanted to add that I am still using the original leed wires that were put in my spinal canal 10 years ago.

I had my the first simulator trial with the wire leeds half way up my back in 2010. It didn't help at all. Then I had a second trial with the wires at my sacrum and that is where the wires are in my back today.

I hope these notes might help someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ann

Re: New spinal cord stimulator 11 months, 4 weeks ago #3831

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for posting your experience of the stimulator. Its good to hear that improving technology is helping with the success rates of these things.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds