• Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: This board?

Re:This board? 16 years, 8 months ago #608

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
The Doc is fine. She went on holiday early August for a rest but is back sometime this week, so hope to talk then.
Trouble has been that she wanted some information from members, but only those who had a diagnosis of arach. Now I have a problem with that, but Ann had also gone on holiday, to Lourdes, and we all got candles and prayers, but I needed her advice.
Some people have had their diagnosis from honest doctors and others by default!
Ann tells me that on other boards, people who have that diagnosis feel superior to those who have the symptoms but not the others whose doctors did not tell them they have this condition.
I found out my accident, no doctor told me, just my medical records, obtained for another reason. Ann, had a clinical diagnosis, and I myself found out over many years that people who have a diagnosis and those who don't, have as much right to have a say and just as much right to any treatment which might be available.
So I had a problem. I have had to wait until I speak to both before I post.
That is because I have a bigger picture - the Doc has been designing a pain management programme just for us and I am hoping for funding for this. Together with a visit for her to go and see another Doc who has some good info for us.
I might not make every day but I am trying to keep up with you all.
Best wishes
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:This board? 16 years, 8 months ago #610

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Well my ortho gave me a verbal diagnosis but even that was like drawing teeth! Dunno what is actually in my records but he claimed to not know much about the condition.

Anyway, look forward to seeing the Doc post again.

Oh and i read in the paper today that the Scottish NHS is refusing to pay for Lyrica (Pregabalin) for patients with chronic pain as it is too expensive.

Re:This board? 16 years, 8 months ago #611

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
Got a message from the Doc today and will post tomorrow/today:whistle: Had a bad do today and had to be picked up and taken home, not funny.
Pregabalin not heard or read story but then I don't buy or read newspapers anymore, but will follow up.
Ann's back:kiss: and got a link to follow up at www.neupsig.org/ Not sure of the significance yet. I will have to 'kill her' if this is just about Wells:evil:
Doc has got some powerpoint but would need the lovely Jamie to be able to post that.
Got a question for you: why would a lumbar puncture at C2-C3 be consider 'highly dangerous' but a steroid injection not?
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:This board? 16 years, 8 months ago #613

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
quickie answer Kim is both are pretty dangerous!!!

DocS:laugh:
[b]DocSarah
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds