• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Spine Med traction
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spine Med traction

Spine Med traction 16 years, 1 month ago #692

• nicoletti
Has anyone had treatment for discogenic pain which is non surgical. The therapy is called IDD or spine med.It supposedly puts the disc prolapse in proper placement through traction,heat and massage? My G.P suggested it do help with the pain related directly to the discs. I had 3 treatments and my leg or thigh pain to be exact, became better. After each session you see the physical therapist to ice or treat any other problems. I made a bad call when I asked her to treat my chronic bursitis with massage and ultrasound.The day after the first treatment my pain shot up from a 5 to a 9!! I tried to tell her that everything that she does must be gentle!! I could hardly walk for three days.You see the trocanteric bursitis is in the same area where my referred pain surfaces, my left hip! I did notice improvement for the bursitis,but you can't treat one problem without causing the arachnoiditis to heat up! Thank you!

Re:Spine Med traction 16 years, 1 month ago #693

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
My mother had traction many years ago for disc problems and it did work, however she didn't have arach, so I'm not surprised to hear it caused a flare up - I would imagine anything that causes more pressure could be a problem. I wish you well.
Helen

Re:Spine Med traction 16 years, 1 month ago #694

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Nicolette
Sory it's taken a while to reply, computer problems and eyes again.
I did try traction many years ago and wish I had persevered. I agree 'Wholistic' treatments have to take all conditions into account.
Have to go and make an announcement now about my lastest disappearing act.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds