Welcome, Guest

Regrowing tissue breakthrough
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regrowing tissue breakthrough

Regrowing tissue breakthrough 15 years, 12 months ago #709

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
I just read this story on the BBC website about a man regrowing part of his finger and am excited about the potential, especially after reading this part:

"We have got signals that are good for forming scar, and others that are good for regenerating tissues.

"One way to think about these matrices is that we have taken out many of the stimuli for scar tissue formation and left those signals that were always there anyway for constructive remodelling."

In other words when the extra cellular matrix is put on a wound, scientists believe it stimulates cells in the tissue to grow rather than scar.

Full story here:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7354458.stm

Re:Regrowing tissue breakthrough 15 years, 11 months ago #710

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Kev
I saw the news report in visual on this. It was absolutely gross. But they claim to grow everthing, nerves tendons bone and skin. It needs watching! Haven't read the written report yet, trouble with eyes again so can't see if there are any typo's in this either. Relying on touch typing for this reply. Jamie will have to do something about the small type but Liverpool lost this week so am keeping my head down.
DocSarah is unwell again and her computer is no better!!
Best wishes adn thankyou
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Regrowing tissue breakthrough 15 years, 11 months ago #711

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the reply Kim. It sounds very promising to me, so much so that i've allowed myself to believe there may yet be a cure for this terrible disease in my lifetime and i never thought that would happen.

Sorry to hear of the Doc's ill health.

My synpathies go out to you on Liverpools' loss but my team - Glasgow Rangers - are doing very well just now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds