Welcome, Guest

Radiofrequency treatment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Radiofrequency treatment

Radiofrequency treatment 15 years, 10 months ago #712

• Catlover1
  • Junior Boarder
I know this board isn`t very active but I`m HOPING that someone will have an answer for me.

My back (spine) is in such a mess that it is inoperable. With stenosis, growths, herniated discs, name it, I have it. At the moment my pain is so bad that 10 minutes om my feet is the time limit that I can get out of bed. And I have confirmed AA.
My neuro suggested extensive radiofrequency treatment because there`s nothing else that even touches the pain, and I would like your opinion on that, please?
It it safe with AA?
Thank you,
Elizabeth

Re:Radiofrequency treatment 15 years, 10 months ago #713

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Elizabeth

Hope this site may be informative to you, regards Helen

sunshine35446.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/1907

Re:Radiofrequency treatment 15 years, 10 months ago #714

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Helen
Thanks for this post. Unlike other websites, we welcome any links that may help anyone living with chronic pain. Not being medically qualified, I cannot comment but I will send the link on to DocSarah. I know she has been on holiday and her home computer is fritzed.
I cannot populate the forum due to eye problems but I do try to monitor what is going on. At the moment I can't print out so cannot always read until I get some help.
Perhaps others might like to track down any other links that can help?
Kind regards
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Radiofrequency treatment 15 years, 10 months ago #715

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Elizabeth
Replied to Helen. Sorry this forum is not so well populated but I have eye problems but am getting them sorted I hope. Will refer to DocSarah as I am not medically qualified. Have checked out the links but unlike other Forums I would never delete them, as they have with theAword. Any information may help just one other person and that is all we are about!
Bear with us
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Radiofrequency treatment 15 years, 10 months ago #718

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

it depends on what is being radiofrequency lesioned. Usually it is facet joint nerves. To be honest, the evidence base for this treatment is not good for medium to long term results. Sadly, back pain is far too complex for a single (or series of) injection to be fully effective in getting rid of the pain. I would also counsel caution for anyone with AA, avoid injections if possible.

I don't know what medication you are on?

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah

Re:Radiofrequency treatment 15 years, 10 months ago #721

• Catlover1
  • Junior Boarder
Doc. Sarah,
The neurosurgeon mentioned something about minimising nerve sensation, and that the effect should last for a few weeks?months?

I am not a candidate for a Pain pump as I have rejected a nerve stimulator, and I cannot use a wide range of pain medication because of my Acute Intermittant Porphyria.
Elizabeth
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds