• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: News

News 15 years, 10 months ago #719

• DocSarah
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Folks,

thought I'd drop by and see how you are all doing.

I expect some of you have seen news about a man having part of his finger re-grown and also a Japanese man who can communicate via a computer using just his thoughts. So there is some fantastic technology out there. I am always keeping my eyes open for innovations that will help AA patients and will let you know if I have any breaking news.

I am meeting up with Professor Jan Warnke, a German neurosurgeon who does something called thecaloscopy. He has been trying to treat AA. He does seem to have quite good short-term results but I am waiting to see what the longer term outcomes are before I endorse the treatment.

Prof Aldrete's new book, an update on his previous one, is due out in the summer. I am aware he has been quite a controversial figure, but I have met him and must say he seems genuinely to care about AA patients. I have contributed a chapter on prognosis.

As you probably know, there isn't much written on the course of the condition, which means you are in unknown territory. I am endeavouring to build up a clearer picture of the way AA affects people over time...hence the database..there are now more than 50 people on it. I am aiming to send out a further questionnaire exploring in more detail what the symptoms are, and I'll be planning to revisit the contributors every year for updates. That way we can get a 'moving picture' rather than a snapshot.

I continue to work in the field of chronic pain and am trying to put together a little something for the website which explains just how much chronic pain affects people and why it is so hard to combat.

I also work with elderly people with pain and depression.

So that's why I don't have a lot of time to post regularly...for which, my apologies.

My very best wishes to you all.

Regards,

DocSarah
[b]DocSarah
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds