A year since RF treatment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: A year since RF treatment

A year since RF treatment 14 years, 10 months ago #841

• Catlover1
  • Junior Boarder
Hi all,
Well, it`s been a year since I`ve had the radiofrequency treatment on my back, a what a year it`s been!
Minimum pain, and as the neurosurgeon said, the only pain that I would have to cope with would be from the AA, and not from my bunged-up back. And he was so right about that!!!!!
But don`t get me wrong------the AA is not a picnic in the park, but compared to the pain I`ve had to live with..........
I think that I`ve reached the stage in my life where I`ve accepted the fact that Arachnoiditis will always rule my life, and that makes it so much easier to cope with daily pain.
It is only now, a year later, that the OTHER back pain is starting to flare up, but if given the choice of another RF treatment, I will have it done as soon as possible!!!!
Thought I`ll just let you have an update on me,
Keep well
Elizabeth

Re:A year since RF treatment 14 years, 9 months ago #842

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Dear Elizabeth

Great to hear from you and I'm so happy you gained some benefit from the treatment you had. It's reassuring to know that you have confidence in your neurosurgeon, I wish there were more understanding doctors out there.

I can't take medication either because of extensive damage to the bowel and some years ago rejected a spinal stimulator. I often wonder how many people do manage without drugs.

Best wishes Helen

Re:A year since RF treatment 14 years, 9 months ago #843

• Catlover1
  • Junior Boarder
Helen,
Thank you for the response
And yes, I`ve had a major rejection of the spinal stimulator as well a few years ago. Wasn`t a nice experience! Had to have emergency surgery to remove the temporary implant and that meant two back operations in two weeks!
The only meds. that I tolerate is Paracetomol because of my Porphyria, to scared to try anything else because I`ve had a few severe reactions when using anything else.
Keep well,
Elizabeth
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds