Welcome, Guest

Infection and AA
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Infection and AA

Infection and AA 13 years, 3 months ago #993

• RogerF7
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings,and many thanks, Sarah, for your tremendous achievements with regard to arachnoiditis.

Twice this fall I have had substantial remissions in spinal pain that I associated with my AA, which is anatomically significant from L1 through the sacral levels. My opiate use decreased to 1/4 of what it was, and I did not need meds for high blood pressure or sleeping.

Of course, this lasted only about six days, while I was having IM Gentamicin.

However, it happened twice, so it was no fluke. Doctors so far have no idea of how an antibiotic could have done that, since I do not have fever suggesting chronic meningitis (though I did have actute septic meningitis once).

Best wishes,
Roger

Re: Infection and AA 13 years, 3 months ago #994

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Roger
Copied in to DocSarah, just in case she does not check the Forum this weekend. Medical answer in 24 hours.
I check the website 4-5 times a day and saw you on line before. Medically qualified? Thought so!
Best wishes
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re: Infection and AA 13 years, 3 months ago #995

• RogerF7
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kim,
Thanks, but I'm so unqualified in medicine. However, since I seem to specialize in having rare diseases, I was forced to pick up the lingo in order to harangue and persuade doctors to listen to me. I figure it helps if you can be concise--something that does not necessarily come naturally to me, so using the right words helps. But not enough to get an explanation for those recent episodes.
Roger

Re: Infection and AA 13 years, 3 months ago #996

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi, again Roger,
Monday is her best day as I always get my new blog Sunday night/Monday morning,
Concise is good, sometimes.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds