• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest

Recent Hip Surgery
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recent Hip Surgery

Recent Hip Surgery 14 years, 11 months ago #796

• nicoletti
Hello to the good Dr.I had hip surgery on the same side where all my severe pain is, caused by a.a.Now 5 months post surgery I have developed painful scar tissue under the incision.The Dr. gave me a shot of cortisone into that area.It gets better with no activity.But we know that is a false reality.First off I know that motion is a trigger for my a.a.The Dr. also said that he could give me an extra shot,to break up the remaining scar tissue buildup!I have this funny feeling about more injections.What is your take on this Dr.? Regards,Nicoletti.

Re:Recent Hip Surgery 14 years, 11 months ago #797

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Nicoletti,
Please follow this link to read about the cortisone injection that gave me total spine Arachnoiditis 10 years ago! Patients don't get to see all the relevant information and I believe most would refuse an injection if they only knew the truth! Check Out: Undesirable Effects.
Hope its helpful

emc.medicines.org.uk/document.aspx?documentId=11366

Best wishes Helen
Last Edit: 14 years, 11 months ago by helen.

Re:Recent Hip Surgery?ESI 14 years, 11 months ago #799

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Hi Helen
Thanks for your update on the Product License (PL) for Kenalog. I had a long correspondence with Squib over 10 years ago about this and they admitted their product was not licensed for intrathecal use. Eventually they did put a contra-indication (in the PL) re arachnoiditis (much the same as Depo-Medrone had always done). However I then got a very irate letter from a sports doctor telling me I was hindering his private practice by insisting on this warning! He then arrogantly sent me a research report saying they was no problems with ESI's. I was really intrigued by the quote on page 14 "from my recollections of over 25,000 ESI's there were no adverse reactions". So that's all right then! Oh? Authors? Same doctor and a colleague. Funded by? Bristol, Myers, Squib. Cost? £25,000. Not a bad price to pay for their conscience, Squib.
I am not medically qualified to advise anyone on any treatment. What I normally say is ask your consultant, or better still, his secretary - the name of the product and is it licensed? Mind you, if do that be prepared to have that treatment option immediately withdrawn.
Bye for now
Kim
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.

Re:Recent Hip Surgery?ESI 14 years, 11 months ago #806

• Kim
  • DocSarah's Webmaster
Thanks again Helen
NEMESIS - goddess of indignation against and retribution for, evil deeds. Apparently regarded as an avenging or punishing divinity - I wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds