Welcome, Guest

PREGABALIN (Lyrica)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PREGABALIN (Lyrica)

PREGABALIN (Lyrica) 14 years, 7 months ago #854

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Dear Doc
Has anyone taken this drug for A nerve pain. I can't find any reference to it on this web site, but there are plenty of articles on www which don't endear me to trying it. Would appreciate input from anyone who's had any experience or info!

Thanks Helen

Re: PREGABALIN (Lyrica) 14 years, 7 months ago #855

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry Helen not tried it but am on the similar but older Gabapentin (Neurontin) and it is very effective for my nerve pain which was severe. I do know that Lyrica is very expensive compared to gabapentin.

Re: PREGABALIN (Lyrica) 14 years, 7 months ago #856

• helen
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for your response Kev.

Did you get a lot of the common side effects? I'm worried because I feel dizzy most of the time now and already have swelling of hands eyes and mouth. Also worried about how these drugs affect the bowel.

Regards Helen

Re: PREGABALIN (Lyrica) 14 years, 6 months ago #858

• kev
  • Expert Boarder
I didn't really notice any side effects at first, they did appear but are not too troublesome. Tiredness - which i think is due to the Gabapentin and also a general feeling of what i can only describe as 'brain fog' As i said neither is particularly troublesome and it does not affect my bowels at all. My GP said it was very important to slowly increase dosage until you find the perfect level and it took 3-4 weeks to feel the full effects but it was worth it!

I don't really feel dizzy at all, just forgetful. And no swelling of any kind.
Last Edit: 14 years, 6 months ago by kev.

Re: PREGABALIN (Lyrica) 14 years, 6 months ago #859

• marg.trow
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Helen
I've recently started taking pregabalin 75mg bd and it is expensive compared to gabapentin, but it has helped my nerve pain but I am constipated but don't know if its that or the morphine. hope this helps
regards margaret

Re: PREGABALIN (Lyrica) 14 years, 6 months ago #860

• marg.trow
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Helen
I've recently started taking pregabalin 75mg bd and it is expensive compared to gabapentin, but it has helped my nerve pain but I am constipated but don't know if its that or the morphine. hope this helps
regards margaret
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds